We at Kellogg House want your event to be beautiful and full of fond memories. It is because we want you to cherish this day forever that we ask you to keep in mind the following:
- Host/Hostess–A Cal Poly Pomona host or hostess will be present during your rehearsal.
- Pastor–If your wedding ceremony will be held at Kellogg House, please invite your pastor to be in attendance at the rehearsal.
- Wedding Coordinator–Please ensure that your wedding coordinator is in attendance at the rehearsal.
- Rehearsal Dinner–For an additional service fee, rehearsal dinners may be hosted at Kellogg House.
The bride and her attendants should arrive at Kellogg House ready except for gowns and touch ups. Dressing rooms are available for the bride, groom, and their attendants two hours before the wedding.
Bridal parties are requested to clear everything out of the dressing rooms by the conclusion of the event. A cleaning fee may be assessed if the dressing rooms are not as they were when the bridal party arrived.
The receiving line, if you plan one, should be held in The Garden Terrace, thus avoiding any congestion or confusion.
Rice, bird seed, and confetti are not permitted.
We have referrals for you in the following areas:
- Shuttle Services
- DJ/Live Bands
- Bakeries/Wedding Cakes
- Food–A copy of the catering/food service license must be provided when the facility contract is signed.
- Alcohol–The lawful sale or service of alcoholic beverages will be conducted solely by employees or agents of the Cal Poly Pomona Foundation, Inc.
- Candles–Unity candles and the accompanying candle sets are permissible for weddings inside the Kellogg House. Please discuss all other types of candles with the Kellogg House Coordinator.
- Dogs–Only service dogs are permitted on the grounds and in the Kellogg House.
- Emergency–The Cal Poly Pomona campus is served by the University Public Safety Department. In case of emergency, the telephone in the kitchen should be used to dial 911. This call will connect directly to the Public Safety dispatcher.
- Event Signs–Event signs can be posted no more than 24 hours prior to the event and must be removed no more than 24 hours after the event has concluded. Signs should utilize the recognized name “Kellogg House.” Signs may be mounted on sign stakes that are driven into the ground or on stands that can be placed adjacent to the campus streets, but shall not be attached to trees, other signs, buildings, fences, or walls.
- Flowers/Decorations–Flower arrangements may be used in the house and on the grounds. Containers and stands for flower arrangements must protect the furnishings, countertops, and floors from water and/or plant damage. Additional decorations and flowers for special events, weddings, and holidays can be added outside the house after consultation with the Kellogg House Coordinator.
- Furniture/Furnishings–Most of the furnishings in the house are period antiques or reproductions and must be treated with care. Consultation with the Kellogg House Coordinator is required before furnishings can be moved.
- Host/Hostess–The Cal Poly Pomona host or hostess present at your event will be designated by and under the direction of the Kellogg House Coordinator.
- Maximum Occupancy–Based on the designated Fire Code Occupancy Totals, the maximum occupancy for the Kellogg House is 60 guests inside. Weather permitting, patios and porches can support a maximum of two hundred (200) (for selected events).
- Photography/Music/Videography–Musicians and DJs are allowed at your event. The latest possible music curfew for your event is 12:00 a.m. Please ask your photographer to consult with the staff or Kellogg House Coordinator regarding any photography in or outside Kellogg House. Please do not move furniture or furnishings inside or outside of Kellogg House.
- Use of Kellogg House–All scheduling, planning, and arrangements are made in advance through the Kellogg House Coordinator with the assistance of the staff at Kellogg House.
*Please note: In accordance with state and university policy, smoking is prohibited inside Kellogg House.
There are thirty nine (39) parking spaces in Lot R at the top of the hill behind Kellogg House.
- Handicapped Parking–There is one handicapped parking space immediately outside of the gates to the House and a handicapped drop-off location inside the gates, which may also be used for handicapped parking.
- Fire Lane–The entire area inside the gates at the Kellogg House is a designated fire lane. With the exception of one designated handicapped drop-off spot, no parking is allowed inside this area. All vehicles in violation will be towed away at the owner’s expense.
- Parking Passes–From 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Friday, guests who do not have a university parking pass are required to have a guest parking pass for Lot R. These passes are available through the Office of the Kellogg House Coordinator and are valid only with the proper signature and date.
- Shuttle Service–The Kellogg House may provide shuttle services.
- Chairs and Tables–Chairs and tables are available and included in your arrangement with Kellogg House. A guest registration table will also be provided. The chairs and tables are ideal for the head table, buffet table, or however you choose to use them. If additional chairs and/or tables need to be rented for use in conjunction with an event, only those with rubber or plastic feet can be used inside the Kellogg House. The charges for renting these chairs and/or tables will be in addition to the cost of the facility rental.
- Dance Floor–Some events may require a dance floor to be located on the grass or a paved area surrounding the Kellogg House. The charges for renting dance floor sections will be in addition to the cost of the facility rental.